Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Listened Word

I have not been that fast in adapting to new technology. Having two children who are in this modern world, they introduced me to iTunes. While downloading their latest "music" I discovered that they had audiobooks.

What can I say, I couldn't help myself. For the past several months now I have allocating a small portion of my pension to purchasing audio's. I just love it. I can now enjoy two of my greatest loves now where before they were mutally exclusive - painting and reading. Reading now being supplanted by audio.

I have found David Weber's Honor Harrington, Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd & Grey Mouser, H.P.Lovecraft, to name but a few. What I have enjoyed the most are the old radio plays for The Shadow and Nero Wolf. There are about 100 titles for The Shadow of which I've only purchased a third, while I have downloaded all of the Nero Wolf and wishing there was more!

If you haven't tried this medium, then I highly suggest you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment