Thursday, September 30, 2010

October Starts

October is usually a very important month for me. It marks two very important dates, and as such I'll list these two in chronological order.

On the 12th October 1985, Michelle Debra Green was married to John Anthony McDonnell.

On the 26th October it is my wifes birthday.

This October is a special celebration as it marks 25 years of marriage for us. I've dug out the wedding photo's and will post some of them on this blog and facebook to express how lucky an ugly impoverished Peer as myself managed to snagged such a beautiful wife (and certainly the title wasn't the clincher).

I have had the professionals who look after my fractured mind tell me how remarkable my relationship is in this day and age. With so many broken marriages and defacto relationships being almost the norm - I'm truely blessed with this unbroken union. Many of my friends never married, or seperated early in their marriages, even my sister went through two marriages during this time. I've outlived some really close friends who I still mourne to this day.

Of course Michelle has her birthday as well to celebrate and while she won't tell anyone her age, she was younger than me when we wed.

So October is THE month of special celebrations.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on 25 Years of Marriage to you both!!!!!

    Good on your Michelle for sticking it out when having problems with In-Laws! You know you have married the right person when they stick around during the good and bad times.

    May you have many more happy years of marriage together.

    Best wishes,

    Allan Traise

    Aussie Gamer and lucky to have my wife too :)

    ReplyDelete