Saturday, April 23, 2011

Supersize it - Battletech


Don't ask me what possessed me to do this but I did it. Maybe it was that I was tired of painting figures? Well the long and the short of it was that I dug out my old Wizkids 'Mechwarrior range figures. I used the Settlers of Catan hex as the base size. About ten sheets of balsa latter I have about 40 'Mechs, Vehicles and Infantry based to this outrageous scale.

The map board has proven to be the biggest pain in the arse (and expensive) and one I won't be repeating unless I find a less stressful option (there must be one). I had my local copier photo enlarge the Battletech mapboards that came in the 25th Anniversary box. Next I had to cut and paste a lot. The paste was double-sided tape which really rips up the laminate I have the copies.

So here's a picture of my finished product of the first map section (there are three to go). The copier process has some creep in the copy and I just couldn't get a perfect alignment. These boards will do until I can find somewhere that will take the board and print to almost table size dimensions. If you know of a place then let me know.

Cheers, from the Mad One.

No comments:

Post a Comment