Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's hard to get a book when you want one!

I have been reading a lot of books of late. Don't know why. Sometimes I can go months without picking up a novel, other times I read and read and read.

I'm very partial to Simon R. Green and his Nightside novels at present.

It's bloody difficult at present to find a bookshop that stocks a decent range of books. Since Borders went belly up and isn't at Garden City my book prospects are very thin. I went looking in QBD hoping to find him but didn't. I found one author I was after - Kat Richardson in the Vampire section although on closer inspection I think it's supposed to be the supernatural novel section.

Popped into the second hand bookshop, raided his shelves in the vain hope of more Green, but no luck. What I did lash out for was a stack of Andrew Garve detective novels. At $2.50 a novel it was a steal.

I really need to find myself a reliable online store to meet my reading needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment