Saturday, September 13, 2014

The GJMWT 2014 - Minions & Gators

For the last 5 years I have participated in a yearly event run at the Blind Pig.  Initially the event was for Warhammer Fantasy Battles, but due to GW being on the nose the event became Warmachine'Hordes instead.

This year at the urging of the TO I went back to my Minions Gator list.  There was a Best Painted Award on offer.  I am not by any stretch of the imagination an aggressive or competitive player.  I play first and foremost to extol the virtues of what a gentleman is all about and to display my above average skill in model making and painting.

Below are pictures of my effort in "competing" for the category of Best Painted.  I have to say that I am not the only person who strives for this recognition and that the level of skill at the Blind Pig and those who attend is quite high.

I have supplemented my force with figures from alternative companies.  The "gators" have come from the Wargods of Aegyptus range to replace the PP ones for Blackhide Wrassler and Gator Posse.  Certainly everyone who played me all commented that they had my vote for Best Painted.  These comments made my feeling of self worth happy as I saw that I had worth or value within the community.

This was a battlegroup based on Bloody Barnabas (35 pts)







In the end the category was dropped from the event on the day with no warning.  The TO was extremely apologetic and did his best to respond to those who had taken the time to compete for this advertised category.

I suffer from a number of maladies of which mental health is my greatest struggle.  For reason I don't feel I can either communicate or expect others to understand I am now leaving the competitive environment for my own safety and continued welfare.  I will of course continue to paint and model, as this is what I can do with some level of success and competence.  So you can expect to see more of my work on display, just not much where it comes to competitions.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a shame mate, its obvious the hard work put into this excellent diorama. You have a unique skill with a paint brush that is very much appreciated by any who get to see them.
    I really can't help but feel that the modelling & painting side of our hobby is becoming increasingly neglected.

    ReplyDelete