Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Things on hold

I haven't posted for a while.
For those that have followed my blog for a while know that I struggle with mental health and I've not been doing well of late.  In August I had a home invasion with the property next door which I was involved with and was threatened by the intruders.  This has not helped, together with other domestic and daily life issues which for me just seem to pile on at the same time.
So I'm taking a break from so many things and looking at why I do what I do?
Why do I collect miniatures, when I haven't painted a figure in months?
Why do I buy board games, when I never have anyone to play them with?
Why do I buy books that I never read?
There was a whole list of why's after the above but it became really whiny and while it seemed therapeutic to me to vent, came across as childish if you the reader read it - so I deleted them.
I still run a facebook group, or more or less it runs itself, I just keep and eye on it.
I still help my local club.
So I'm currently very unhappy, receiving treatment (as usual), and just going to give up the hope of having a gaming life that once got me excited and motivated.  Personally I believe age is an issue now, unless you can keep your own age group of friends, the younger crowd (exclude family) do not seem to be that interested in mixing.  Nursing homes aren't the only places filled with depressed, lonely people.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things will look a bit brighter soon. A lot brighter!
    Do take care and do whatever it takes to feel better.
    /Joakim

    ReplyDelete